5 Tips to Get Better a Starcraft 2
Are you tired of losing at Starcraft all the time? Starcraft 2 is a fairly easy game to learn, but quite difficult to master. Most new players make several common mistakes. Most of these mistakes can be fixed with a few simple changes. I’ve put together five tips for new players to better understand the game. Mastering these five tips will greatly enhance your Starcraft 2 gameplay.
1. Make good use of rally points! When the game starts, it would be best to set a rally point to the mineral line for your workers. This can be done by right clicking the mineral field after workers are selected. This is a common mistake for new players. When a rally point is set, workers will immediately go to a set location after being built.
2. Know your hotkeys! Hotkeys are essentially using your keyboard for different functions of the game instead of clicking everything. For example, instead of clicking on the SCV portrait in a command center, press “S”. A group of units can be hotkeyed as well. For example, if you wanted to hotkey to the number “1”,select the SCV and hold down “SHIFT” and “1” together. Now “1” is pressed, the hotkeyed SCV will be selected.
3. Learn to Chrono Boost! A lot of new Protoss players do not take advantage of the Chrono Boost ability in the Nexus. Towards the beginning of the game it is useful to Chrono Boost your Nexus to increase the speed of probes being built. The hotkey for ChronoBoost is “C”, and should be used frequently when the energy is available.
4. Make good use of the Probe’s building abilities! The probe has the ability to warm in a structure without taking the time to manually build it. After a structure starts to warp in, the probe can move on to do other tasks such as gather resources or warm in another building. Multiple buildings can be built by holding down the “SHIFT” key.
5. Learn to efficiently scout! Scouting is one of the most significant aspects of a RTS (Real Time Strategy) game. Scouting is a necessity in being a good Starcraft 2 player. Responding to your opponent’s strategies and builds are an important part in deciding what your units you should build. Knowledge of what your opponent has is one of the keys to winning the game.
There are just the basics. As you get better at the game, you will learn to develop more complex strategies and gameplay techniques. Be sure to keep playing, and have fun!