7 Ways To Save Money on Video Gaming
Video games are a popular choice of entertainment today, but with the increase in popularity, we also see that video games and gaming systems are becoming more and more expensive. We have more accessories than ever before, more games and more expensive games than ever before. Does this mean that the gamer on a budget has to give up his or her passion for gaming?
You can learn how to save money on video gaming, and this allows you to stretch your gaming budget even further for more fun. Here are some great tips to help you save on gaming:
• Don’t always buy the latest release –– Wait until your game or console has been out for a month or even a few months or more. This will help greatly reduce the cost of the game, and it will help you be certain you really want it and that you’re not just on the bandwagon for the next new thing.
• Buy used — You can now find used consoles as well as used video games for all platforms from many different resources. This means more opportunities to get a new, used game and save a huge percentage on the costs. Look on eBay.com; Amazon.com; and gaming stores like GameStop, GameCrazy, Hastings, EBGames and more.
• Shop around — Don’t buy your game at the first place you see. Shop around for the best price first. Remember to factor in the shipping costs if you shop online as well.
• Get a membership — Many game stores have memberships or MVP deals that allow you to purchase a membership into a gamer club that lets you save on each purchase you make.
• Try before you buy — Since many games can cost $50 or more, try them out before you buy. You can find samples, betas and trial versions of many computer games, and most console games can be rented first before you make the purchase.
• Trade them out — You can trade out your old games for new games and save on the costs.
• Buy downloadable versions — Many games now offer downloadable versions that cost you less than purchasing a boxed version on disc. It’s also better for the environment.
Now that you have these tips on how to save money on video gaming, you can start using them today. Getting the games you want doesn’t have to cost a fortune and you don’t have to sacrifice the games you love just because you’re on a budget.