How To Get Better At Fortnite
Calling all Fortnite fans! Having a rough time making it to the top of the challenge? Need some inspiration? How about tips and tricks? Fret no more – you’ve got our back! Here is a complete guide to make your entire gaming experience more thrilling and win even the toughest levels!
Well, who wouldn’t fall in love with Fornite? It has been the talk of the town since its first release. Every challenge is packed with game scenes that are guaranteed to wash away your boring day! The game’s sudden success has raised a lot of parenting concerns, though, from online scams to gaming addiction. Nevertheless, an excellent video game worth to play with your friends.
We’ll tackle everything you need to know about the Fortnite game along with tips, hacks, and tricks from pros to make sure you can get an advantage among competitors. So, make sure to have a fair share of your time reading it. Enjoy!
What is Fortnite?
Developed by Epic Games, Fortnite is a popular, free-to-play videogame released in 2017. It is split into 3 different modes:
a) Battle Royale- perhaps the most popular game mode of Fortnite game. Every round or match includes 100 players. These players have the chance of whether to create a duo of two or a squad of four, work together, or just play all alone and try to become the last player standing.
b) Save The World – players team up to combat zombies, shield bases, or houses from attack and collect resources. It is more or less similar to the construction and survival type game.
c) Creative – players can build their own private map with obstacles, buildings, etc. and invite some players to that island so as to find their matches. Old shoot out, races, and jumping courses are part of the challenge to determine who will survive in the end.
Fortnite is available to download on iOS, Android, PC, Nintendo Switch, PS4, and Xbox One. However, you will only be able to play the Battle Royale mode since Save the World is not available to mobile users and will cost you a bit amount of dollars to play.
How to play the Fortnite?
In this game, players have the option to either play solo or join forces to win all the battles in an open-world environment. The characters you need to fight with are controlled by other players or the game itself. Both the multiplayer and single-player mode includes beating back zombie-like creatures. Your main goal in this game is to be the last person alive within the entire match.
You are only allowed to carry the items and guns right away. You’ll be out of the game as soon as you die. So, you have to evenly manage your equipment and loadout for a bit high chance of survival. To gain some advantage in the game, each player has a pickaxe, which you can for breaking or tearing down pretty much anything into raw sources. Then, these resources could be utilized for building structures
(e.g., doors, stairs, and walls). While using these features is not mandatory, you might still consider using them for further protection in the field.
For the Battle Royale game, your aim is to survive against 100 other players until the end of the match. While it is not plainly about getting the most kills, you will likely have to kill the other remaining survivors in order to win the challenge. Those who managed to build well and get aggressive will be further rewarded.
Is it cross-platform?
Yes, Fortnite provides cross-platform play between most platforms, including the PC, iOS, Mac, and PlayStation 4. Just go to the settings menu to activate it.
Free Pass and Battle Pass
All of these are considered progression systems for you to take advantage of.
Free Pass is a tiered system that unveils emotes, account icons, and many other cool freebies for every challenge you complete.
Battle Pass is a premium version that unveils rewards more frequently, such as experience boosters and cosmetic rewards. These rewards are such a massive help for ranking up in the game faster.
How about Battle Stars?
Battle stars should be earned before reaching another reward tier in the Battle Pass or Free Pass. These are given for several accomplishments. Both the Free Pass and Battle Pass have a set of challenges you need to work through in order to earn the Battle Stars. What’s more, there are player experience points and account levels as well, which you can get occasionally and after every match as a Battle Pass reward. While you are not required to engage with any of it, these rewards can give you a bit of something extra to strive for.
V-Bucks are the game’s premium currency, which you can use for purchasing cosmetic items in the shop. These might be character skins, glider skins, pickax skins, and dances. The store offers different cosmetic items regularly, so make sure to check it out often. You can get more V-Bucks by purchasing a season battle pass or buy V-Bucks using real money. Though, keep in mind that those items you can get using the currency will not give you an advantage in the game. They are purely aesthetic.
Device System Requirements
Fortnite lists the minimum and recommended requirements for the following devices:
1. Android Requirements: Players need longer need to sign up for the beta and get approved. Android users can simply go download the game either from the website of the developer or from a legitimate source, like Google Store. Make sure to check out the list of compatible Android devices as well before starting to play. LG G6, OnePlus 6_ Essential PH-1, and all models of Google Pixels are some of the included in the list.
2. iPad and iPhone Requirements: For iPad users, you should have one of the following models: Air 2, Pro, 2017, or mini 4. While for iPhone users, ensure your own 6s, 6s Plus, 7, 7 Plus, X, SE, 8, or 8 Plus. Either go to the developer’s site or App Store to download the game and for further information.
3. Mac and PC Requirements: Fortnite creators recommend players to have at least an Iris Pro 5200 GPU or Intel HD 4000, 4GB RAM, and a Core i3 2.4GHz CPU both for Mac and PC users. The specs require more powerful hardware, including an AMD Radeon HD 7870 or Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 equivalent DX11 GPU with 2GB VRAM, 8GB of RAM, and a Core i5 2.8GHz.
4. PlayStation and Xbox Requirements: Xbox One X and any other newest Xbox One consoles are compatible to download the Fortnite game. Though, players might necessitate getting access to the Xbox Live Gold subscription to play the Fortnite Battle Royale mode. While for PlayStations, almost all models are compatible with the game. You don’t either have to be a PS Plus member just to play.
5. Nintendo Switch Requirements: Here, visit the Nintendo Game Store for more details on the version of Switch you can use for installing Fortnite.
Fortnite Tips and Tricks to Secure a Victory Royale
Always have a struggle beating your competition in Fornite game to claim those victory royales? You’re not alone!
It is not enough to just familiarize yourself with the basics and complexities of the game. You should also learn some of the excellent techniques to help improve your gameplay.
Ready to pull off plays like other popular Fortnite gamers? Without further ado, here are some of the best tips and tricks you should start applying now to be a better player!
· Choose the right landing spot Practice practicality when it comes to selecting your landing position because this is very important in your entire game. You surely don’t want to engage in a lot of fights very quickly. Experts advice landing in semi-populated areas, so you have ample time to survey the surroundings and prepare for future combats efficiently. Avoid landing in Paradise Palms, Retail Row, Pleasant Park, Tilted Towers, and other big towns as possible. We have listed the spots you can possibly land below.
· Loot fast, loot hard Every action scene in Fortnite Battle Royale is fast. So, you should loot up as quick and hard as you can if you want to survive in the game’s initial part. When the first chance occurs, jump out of the bus, skydive, and then land in the right spot. Equip yourself with the right weapon. Then, you will also want either a healing or shield item. Those weapons with colored hazes (purple, gold, blue, or green) are really what you need.
· Collect resources In Fortnite, the building is an essential part of the surviving and winning cycle. You can make use of various resources such as brick, metal, or wood for crafting ceilings, staircases, walls, roofs, and floors as well as for making intricate defensive or basic structures. Wood is the most commonly found material in numerous trees, small wooden buildings, shacks, and outposts. Collect all the resources you need; otherwise, you’ll find yourself in a considerably deprived situation.
· Buiding is everything Build defenses and utilize them as your main advantage. It will also guarantee a higher surviving chance. Ensure to build floors, walls, roofs, and stairs. Build intricate walls or high grounds with good support if your enemies are just nearby and ready to attack whenever. The stairs and walls you’ll build will aid you in reaching areas where you cannot. Try to reach higher limits to earn an edge over other players.
· Choose your battles Sometimes during a live game, players tend to panic, especially when an opponent or enemy is set to attack them. And, playing this game is no exception. Players are advised to avoid picking a fight they cannot win if, for instance, you only have a pistol, and your opponent has a rocket launcher or sniper roaming around nearby your location. Lay low once you are outnumbered in a group match or once you are out-gunned.
· One survival tip: always move! Do. Not. Camp. It won’t work in Fortnite, unlike in PUBG. Chances of getting caught and eventually dying are high if you stand still for just a second too long. Constantly move regardless of what you’re currently doing – whether healing, attacking someone, or reloading. Even a small move could be a vast help to miss those sniper hits. One way to boost your survival opportunities is to jump while in a gunfight.
· Know the right mouse sensitivity levels for you Determining what mouse sensitivity levels are right for you is an excellent tip in playing Fortnite, plus. Plus, you’ll benefit a lot from your building capability. Do not just stick to the mouse’s default sensitivity levels, instead experiment with the various levels available. Go to the mouse settings by hitting on the gear icon located at your screen’s top right corner. Now, change the controller sensitivities according to your own preference. You can always visit the settings menu and make some changes during the lobby and game.
· Use headphones Sounds matter in Fortnite. And, what better way to clearly hear every single sound being emitted? Yes, headphones will do the trick! You are playing in a massive map in which enemies pop out of nowhere to give excellent shoots and want you plain dead. So, ensure to use quality headphones to listen to all the sounds around your area. Gunshots and footsteps can be heard vividly, helping you figure out where exactly your enemies are.
· Master the mobile controls As you already know, Fortnite is free to download and play on numerous devices. Though, your gameplay could be affected at some point. For instance, it is more complex to control your character with no controller or keyboard. Sure, you won’t struggle with a real headache when it comes to touch controls. But, how about the more advanced mechanics such as building? You’ll definitely feel tedious. So, read the tutorial scenes thoroughly so you won’t blunder using the controls – particularly in case of crucial moments.
· Work with other players to build a solid team Sure, playing alone might seem tempting, especially if you want to take all the credits for winning the game. However, it is the most brutal and too difficult. Unless you have all the experience and know-how to stand on your own. Imagine fighting against 99 other players. Those who are specifically new in the game might find it more beneficial playing with some friends in squad or duo mode.
· Have an array of inventory The inventory space in the Fortnite game is restricted to only a number of slots. So, expect to trade out weapons on a frequent basis when ammo is insufficient. Balance your inventory space with important med-kits, shield potions, bandages, etc. Don’t forget to bring a very variety of weapons with you. For example, an assault rifle is ideal for mid-range engagements, while a sniper is best for long-range engagements.
· Beware of your surroundings Death can come at any time. Other players can ambush you within seconds. Do not let your guard down. Even the best hiding spots are vulnerable to the possible destruction of enemies. Keep moving while keeping your ears and eyes open for any perceptible death. As possible, keep above the storm and remain in it. Make the sound loud enough for you to hear the footsteps, gunfires, and any other noises around you.
· Don’t ignore the traps or underestimate the crafting Other Fortnite players plant some traps, resulting in other players to kill their characters immediately. There are several types of traps usually placed on ceilings, floors, and walls. Therefore, never underestimate what traps can do to your gaming experience. Pay close attention to it if you don’t want to send back straight to the main menu. On the other hand, crafting means covering yourself or your location. You can form steel, wood, or brick into some different structures.
· Drink shield potions Another way to increase your chances of surviving in the game and winning the victory royale is by drinking the shield potions. These are much better than bandages and are much quicker than med-kits. Shield potions are available in various sizes. The small ones are able to refill twenty-five shield points each up to fifty. Regular shield points can boost your shield by fifty points each. Slurp Juice and Chug Jug are other beneficial items you can consume. A Slurp Juice fills up both the health and shield of a player by twenty-five points, while the Chug Jug fully refills Both the health and shield to 100.
· Communication is crucial If you opt to engage in a squad or duo matches, always bear in mind the importance of communication among team members. It doesn’t literally mean that you have to outline everything that is happening. Rather, relay only the stuff they also deserve to know. Let’s say, sharing a piece of information about the position of your enemies or if you need ammo or health. One wrong move or information and the game’s done. Hence, be clear on any information you share.
· Keep calm Fortnite is not just your typical battle royale game. It has some of the most anxiety-causing experiences which you won’t be able to skip. Every single and every minute is a despairing fight for survival. So, you might find yourself in a raging tension mode. Do not let everything that’s going on to get under your skin. Your main focus is to win the battle. Don’t worry about other things that are out of your control.
· Practice makes perfect Experience is the best teacher. This also applies to Fortnite. Don’t be afraid to commit game failures all over again. That’s part of learning. Just continue practicing the game settings, your characters, and enemies, etc. and learn from them. Doing so will have a huge difference in your next match. Your chances of winning duels are quite high when you have enough skill and experience.
· Don’t forget to take a break If you’re constantly playing and starting to feel like you are getting angry at the game or you are playing poorly, step back and take the needed break. It could be as little as twenty minutes or as long as a number of days or even weeks. Head back to your game once you’ve cleared out your mind. Remember that this is just a game, and you should be enjoying it, not putting stress on your mind.
· Know when to quit Some players choose to quit the game and never come back after an early exit from a challenge. As have mentioned earlier, losing is part of learning the game. Who knows, a few more tries could allow you to earn that kind of achievement you essentially want.
· Benefit from your resources What we mean here is to use your real-life resources (money) to advance in the game. Many best players take advantage of this bonus tip. Yes, you can still surefire wins without using real money. Though, it will take you more patience, especially if you want a certain item. Your dollars could go a long way towards gaining more advantages in the game because you have all the items, you’ll need to fight off enemies and survive.
· Try to play on a different device Have an issue with the game modes and settings of Fortnite? Perhaps, it looks like winning streaks are not yet your cup of tea? Why not try playing on a different device, though? Trust us when we say it offers an immediate and instant improvement in the game. Some players claimed that they were not able to successfully hit other players with a weapon while playing on PS4, for example. But when they switched to an iPhone device, they got a few sniper skills. Whoa! Moving, building, shooting, and aiming are now made easier and quicker than before.
Myriad of weapons can be found in Fortnite game. They can be organized into 6 or 7 categories: Sniper Rifles, Assault Rifles, Explosives, Pistols, SMGs (and LMGs), and Shotguns. Included in each category are many various types of weapons. Each is color-coded and has different rarities named Uncommon (Green), Common (Grey), Epic (Purple), Rare (Blue), and Legendary (Gold).
Putting it objectively, a high rarity weapon is always a better pick than a similar weapon in a lower rarity. So, for instance, aim for a Gold Assault Rifle instead of a Grey Assault Rifle. But, do not choose a higher rarity weapon if you want two weapons that are completely different from each other. In this case, we can say that a Blue Combat Shotgun is much more preferred than a Gold Minigun. Also, consider the form of ammunition that a gun takes. There are usually 5 types of ammo available in Fortnite: Heavy Bullets, Medium Bullets, Light Bullets, Rockets, & Shells ‘n’ Slugs.
Another high reward or risk you should make as soon as you’ve launched yourself from the Battle Bus is selecting the ideal Fortnite location where you can land. Beginners are advised not to go for areas that are more established and named since these are the places where most people go. Many players begin in more built-in locations as loot is more concentrated. You’ll be more equipped with the teeth if you’re able to escape the opening clashes in Tilted Towers, Retail Row, or Pleasant Park. The following are the main Fortnite locations where a primer is accessible.
o Paradise Palms – located at the desert biome center in the south-east corner of the map; features the response to PUBG’s Miramar
o Pleasant Park – allows you to utilize your pickaxe to smash in your way so as to get to loot fast
o Tilted Towers – offers some good loot. However, it might not be a perfect place for beginners
o Junk Junction – an isolate location scrap yard zone which can be found in the north-west; has only a few loot opportunities
o Fatal Fields – here, players have plenty to loot and huge barns
o Lucky Landing – a medium-sized, gorgeously vibrant place that has lots of loot, plus it is jam-packed with brilliantly bloomed sky lanterns and trees
o Shifty Shafts – a claustrophobic mine, requiring players who will land here to equip themselves with a shotgun
o Greasy Groove – a fast-food flavored map with a residential area that is filled with houses along with good loot
o Snobby Shores – an attractive, charming burb with plenty of loot
o Lazy Links – a luxury resort that features buggies and a playable golf course for players to drive around
o Hunted Hills – frequently an overlooked spot, though new players should give it a go
o Retail Row – includes lots of buildings for you to loot
o Dusty Divot – shows to be a busy area, hence, you should watch out especially for beginners
o Risky Reels – if you want to take in a great flick and take even a small break from fighting, this area would surely be fitting for you due to its peaceful environment
o Tomato Temple – has so many things to offer for players, with the primary temple providing higher and efficient chances for skill long-array combatants
o Lonely Lodge – a relatively quiet spot with a lot of good loot
o Flush Factory – its distance from the center and lack of loot made it a challenging place for some players to jump in
o Wailing Woods – while there are numerous places for you to hide, the number of loots you can find here is a bit scarce compared to other main locations within this wooded zone
o Salty Springs – holds a bounteous number of chest spawns and weapon
In the game mode Battle Royale, there is a pool of cosmetic outfits you can get for your character. As have mentioned above, these outfits won’t give you an advantage in the gameplay. They are more in fashion.
Fortnite Weekly Challenges
One attractive element of Fortnite is the exciting challenges being offered every week. This means you no longer have to stick to a single theme or whatsoever. Your imagination and thrill will surely add up. Around 7 brand new challenges are available for all players to complete. There’s a total of 10 weeks for each Battle Royale seasonal event.
Is there an age restriction in playing the game?
The Pan European Game Information (PEGI) rated Fortnite 12+ due to its frequent mild violent scenes. Nevertheless, a lot of children younger than twelve play it. Exposure to extremism, grooming, or inappropriate language could likely be possible. Hence, parents should be fully aware of the safety concerns implemented for a safe gaming experience all throughout.
Three levels of privacy settings are provided by Fortnite: private, public, and friends. You can choose the former if you want to ensure the complete privacy of your child. No other player can be able to enter his party with no invitation from the child himself. While for friends setting, only the friends can enter the online party of your child. Public means anyone (even not his friends) can join the party.
When it comes to opening an account, remind the child not to create a username with personal details. Make yourself and your child become acquainted with the settings of the game to ensure smooth playing experience without compromising his personal information.
Where to watch Fortnite 24/7
If you want to make sure first that this game would be worthy of your time and dollars before downloading, watching Fortnite on various platforms can help.
Fortunately, you won’t have any trouble looking for a stream or video to watch Fortnite. You can find an unlimited supply of videos on different YouTube channels. Numerous popular streamers also make it a habit to provide Fortnite fans with the newest updates about the game, including Ninja, with millions of followers on Twitch. So, check them out!
Ready to claim your victory royale now? I hope you enjoyed reading, and you’ll use all the tips and tricks we have shared to make yourself get better at Fortnite.